“Is your business taking all your evenings and weekends? Even with all that work are you just making ends meet because your clients are always trying to drive down your pricing?”…
“Stop running a hobby START running a business.”, Curtis McHale.
That’s right everyone, in this episode of Mastermind.fm, James and Jean interview professional consultant, Curtis McHale.
Curtis is a man of many mottos, but one that undoubtedly personifies is, “Help people run the business they want, so they can live the life they want to live.”
Specializing in ecommerce and membership sites, the crew dives into what this gentleman knows best:
- The one-to-many business model.
- The importance of personal mission statements to achieve success.
- Measure your opportunities and business potential based off what you want for yourself.
- Just because you aren’t online, doesn’t mean you can’t be productive.
- Software Curtis uses for running his consulting business.
- Addressing and weighing whether you are the right “fit” for your client, and vice versa.
- Taking the extra time to develop a interpersonal dialogue with your clients can go a long way.
- Managing work and hobbies.
- Why taking care of yourself mentally, by optimizing “wind down” time, is vital.
- On Curtis’ books and generating income in the info space.
- Trust: quantifying the “trust scale”, and how to rise on it.
- How trust guarantees clients.
- Jean has Curtis detail some of the offline work he does with his clients.
- A creative use for text expander.
- Curtis’ philosophy of “write it down, or it didn’t happen”.
- How “personal and awesome” reaching out to someone in the physical realm can be.
- Taking advantage of opportunities to commune with peers and other professionals.
End of show giveaway! Mastermind.fm is giving away one copy of each of Curtis’ books. To participate in your chance to win, just send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org (it can be a question, comment, what-have-you), and we will choose lucky individuals randomly.