Guesting on Mastermind.fm this week: Andy Wilkerson
Andy is the president of Parallelus, UpThemes, and creator of the Runway framework for WordPress.
So, join Mastermind.fm as we walk through all that which has led to Andy’s acquisition of UpThemes, and any trials, lessons, or ordeals along the way.
- Venting support frustrations via James’ “patented” company communication technique that can help defuse a bad situation.
- Andy’s history and experience with Theme Forest and Envato.
- Hot tips for inclusion of unique features to make your theme stand out and attract users to your product.
- Which may not be as difficult as your think!
- Andyís personal account of the transition and acquisition of UpThemes.
- Insight into his mindset going into the process of leveraging value.
- The critical role of planning stages when moving forward.
- Deciding on a †plan of action to make the acquisition worth the investment.
- Also discussed is Andy’s objective consideration in striving to harness potential and maximize the grow of his opportunity.
- Being aware of the need to foster direction.
- Both amongst employees eager to move into the next task, or a project in general.
- The importance of analyzing what you are as a company.
- Your goal/s for the near and distant future.
- The deceptive comfort of “an easy acquisition.”
- Topic on security and handling users properly.
- Advice for budding theme developers on what to expect from their endeavors.
- Submission Times
- Turnover rate in the Envato & WordPress.com marketplace.
- How long does it take to develop a theme on average?
- What defines a monetarily successful theme?
- Expect to be pulled away from starting a new project, simply from the obligation to work support.
- Donít let a sales dip lead to discouragement.
- The importance and necessity of a backup plan!