Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
On this week’s show, Jean is willfully “trapped” in Cleveland, Tennessee, after the hurricane evacuation in Florida rendered LoopConf cancelled.
Since Jean’s conference was cut short, the WP Ninjas crew shows Jean and his wife their Southern hospitality, and their lovably cheesy sense of humor.
So be sure and join the whole team in this very special episode, as they “let their hair down”, have some fun, and even bare their souls.
- WP Ninjas team introduction.
- James has Jean describe his perception of what the WP Ninjas “day-to-day” is like.
- Table tennis, LOTS of table tennis.
- Jean wonders how the office layout was determined or assigned.
- The benefits and challenges of working as a team in one large room.
- How the team combats distractions and/or interruptions.
- Plans for their setup as the team continues to grow.
- On considering a hybrid model of distributed and in-office team members.
- WordCamps and deciding who attends.
- Why attending and speaking at WordCamps is important.
- The origin of the official/unofficial WordCamp Atlanta 2016 mascot: The Kenatee.
- How the team accomplishes 8 hours of support work in 1 hour every morning.
- On keeping consistency in writing across documentation written by the whole team.
- The benefits of having the development team work support and write documentation.
- How working for WP Ninjas has changed each members’ life and perspective.