James couldn’t make it for this episode due to illness, but fear not, Jean is joined by online entrepreneur, engineer, and author, Marco Schwartz.
With Marco at hand, they discuss stock, dividends, and profits from a business, as they answer tough questions, like, “Should you reinvest, buy other WordPress businesses, or diversify?”
- Marco’s story, his travels, his studies, how he found success.
- How Marco maintains revenue with his books & video courses, which all started with self-publishing.
- Environment matters; using your destination to aid your business and productivity.
- Lifestyle Design, and how it fosters a simplistic & positive philosophy.
- Defining what you want out of life.
- Try biting off more than you can chew, when making a life plan, pushing yourself to work harder.
- Why you should invest money as an entrepreneur.
- The difference between investing on a shorter term, versus long term.
- Marco’s style of investing: defining The Online Empire model.
- Explaining and simplifying stocks.
- Why diversifying your stock options is one of the best things you can do.
- The reason Marco only invests in dividend paying stocks.
- Weighing higher risk against higher returns.
- The best Peer-to-Peer lending sites in Europe.
- Bit Coin, and what it has in common with Peer-to-Peer lending.
- High risk, yet higher yields.
- Marco’s recommended platforms.
- Jean inquires about Marco’s negative experiences with investing.
- Real Estate, and why it really is the best and most basic investment.
- On selling your investment.
- The most recent addition to Marco’s investment portfolio: Profitable Websites.
- Marco elaborates and explains all of his sources of revenue, his lifestyle.
- Why he keeps 3 months in physical currency.
- Marco’s wisdom regarding Hong Kong.
- Abiding by CFC (Controlled Foreign Corporation) Rules.
- Lastly, the benefits of having a podcast, why Marco started his own.