Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This week Jean is joined by Bryce Adams, founder of Metorik. They talk personal travels, a little WordPress history, and why SAS is the future.
- Bryce’s Journey
- From Woothemes to Woocommerce.
- Automattic’s Woo acquisition.
- Digital Nomadism and Bryce’s favorite places.
- Much travel, little work.
- WordPress in Japan.
- Why the SAS model?
- The limitations of the plugin/product business model.
- “Will doing this help my customers succeed?”
- How Metorik came about.
- Weighing whether to stay with Woo or chase an alternative.
- Advice for those seeking validation to pursue their own side projects.
- Building your product or service to sustainability.
- Launching a bigger company off of a platform.
- Let your customer lifetime value be your guide.
- Adopting live chat support.
- “The future of WordPress is not in a ZIP file.”
- The technology behind building a SAS.