In this episode we cover building a side-business online, making the full-time leap to the Shopify App ecosystem, and how it’s changed over the past 6 years.
- Starting in IT and account management.
- Learning to code and design.
- Choosing a language and path.
- Finding an outsourcing partner.
- Growing to a full-time business.
- The cost of living in Copenhagen.
- Multifaceted analysis of revenue numbers.
- One time fees versus renewals.
- The joys of a lifestyle business.
- The ins and outs of the Shopify ecosystem.
- The Shopify community.
- The state of the tech scene in Copenhagen.
- Reducing support.
- How to outsource to India successfully.
- Audience questions for Bjorn.
Mentioned on the Show:
- Bjorn’s hompage: www.forsbergplustwo.com
- Bjorn’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/FORSBERGtwo
- His partner in India: http://idyllic.co/
- Shopify Partner Program: https://www.shopify.com/partners
- Open Source Metrics app on Github: https://github.com/forsbergplustwo/partner-metrics-for-shopify
- Tyler Tringas’ book on building small SaaS businesses: https://tylertringas.com/micro-saas-ebook/