This week we focus on money; what we do with the money we earn, reinvesting, peer to peer lending, etc. As Jean is proudly joined by Laurence Samuels, creator of Financial Thing: a blog site full of unbiased P2P lending reviews, DIY investing guides, and home to the new Investing Essentials Podcast.
- Introductions; how and why Laurence started Financial Thing.
- How cancer, in part, drove Laurence into the world of investing.
- The book that made investing just click.
- What is P2P Lending?
- The things that have lead to the success of, and need for, P2P.
- What interest look like on P2P platforms.
- Weighing risk of P2P.
- Acknowledging the subjectivity of risk.
- Laurence’s experience based tips.
- Recommended platforms.
- Why Europe has a leg up in the P2P space.
- The difficulty with American money lending.
- Who is exactly lending to whom?
- Criticisms of P2P.
- Investing resources.
- Dividend investing.
- Calculating investment returns.