Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This week, Jean and James are joined by Amir Helzer, founder of WPML, which is perhaps the best WordPress Multilingual plugin. Having met abroad in Israel, Jean decided the ongoing conversations with Amir were to good not to have him on to discuss the challenges and opportunities in managing large teams remotely, this and much more in episode 62 of Mastermind.FM.
- Amir’s start and 10+ years experience in WordPress.
- The personal journey toward making WordPress Multilingual.
- A brief on Toolset.
- Remote Team Management of 90+ People
- Team Size/s
- Managing as a digital nomad.
- Amir’s road to digital nomadism.
- Letting go of tasks, delegating to employees.
- Hiring the right people is more important than having the best procedures.
- Set up a culture that allows your employees to succeed.
- Come up with or adopt a simple project/person management system.
- Fiddling with this system should not be a challenge of the business.
- Measuring results only.
- You hire good people.
- Nobody wants to fail.
- Nobody is being lazy.
- Your people aren’t broken, something in the process is.
- Ensure everyone is enthused about success.
- Do so by making sure everyone is involved in the vital processes.
- Past time activities.
- Absorbing books on psychology, HR, marketing.